Thursday, March 27, 2014

I so close I can see it!

I just signed in at Amicalola Visitor Center!  I'm hiker 716!  That's awesome! 

My family is driving me the 45min drive up gravel to the top of Springer Mt! 

My base pack weight is 22lbs!!!!  With my starting food and water it is 35lbs.
I never measured my pack!  I bought everything as light as I could.  I packed and repacked multiple times.  I think I have everything plus a comfortable little more.  I'm so new at all this though!

I met a new hiker who is from San Francisco and is starting right behind me.  I didn't catch his name but his pack is total 45lbs.  Someone else signed in and his pack is 53!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. looks like a beautiful day to begin your adventure! Nice and sunny. Glad you met some other hikers and you rocked the weight on your pack!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It look so pretty!!! Awesome job on the pack weight! Can't wait to read more of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete